USHPA Regions

Data as of 5/31/2019
Image title


Region Boundaries

The United States is divided up into regions by the board of directors for the purpose of ensuring that directors represent pilots across the country. These regions are delineated so as to give consideration to membership population density, and were revised down to 5 in 2019. The areas associated with each region are:

Region States
1 Washington, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota
2 Northern California*, Utah, Nevada
3 Southern California*, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico
4 Florida, North Carolina, Washington DC, Virginia, West Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Kansas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Military - AE, AP, MP
5 Ohio, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, International (outside U.S.)

* Northern California: zip codes 93400-93499; 93600-96162
* Southern California: zip codes 90001-93399; 93514-93599

How do I know what region I am in?

Your region is based on your mailing address of record in the USHPA database. There are multiple ways you can confirm which region you are in.

1 - Look at your PDF membership card**

Image title

(You can retrieve your PDF membership card from the old Members Only area by clicking the button labeled "Email My Member Card PDF To me".)

2 - Review your electronic membership record using the online system. REGION is listed near the bottom of the screen. Use your membership number in place of "95133" in this example:

3 - When updating your info using the Update Your Info link in the old Members Only area. Your Region number is shown after your address. If you change your address your region number will be updated.

** Note that your permanent membership card does not have your region number, since you do not get a new card if you change your address.